Norhaida Abdul Manaf
Norhaida binti Abdul Manaf graduated from MARA University of Technology (UiTM) with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) in 1998.
Upon graduation, she commenced her pupilage with Messrs. Mohamad Illiayas & Co, Kuala Lumpur in the chambers of Tuan Haji Mohamad Illiayas Seyed Ibrahim and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in November 1999.
Prior to joining ARSA, Norhaida started her legal career as an Associate with Messrs Goh & Partners, Kuala Lumpur in 2000 and subsequently with a few legal firms in Kuala Lumpur.
Norhaida has experience and skills on matters, mainly relating to banking and conveyancing pertaining to commercial property transaction (e.g acquisition, disposal and charges of property) including, retail banking and corporate banking for both Islamic and conventional.
She also has experience on various types of Islamic and conventional corporate financing including trade facilities, contract and project financing, ship financing, working capital and financing of equipment, commercial vehicles, machinery and property, restructuring of working capital term loan and conversion to Islamic term financing.
Norhaida is the Senior Associate currently attached to the Financial Services Department at ARSA Kuala Lumpur.
Puan Rohana Ngah graduated with LL.B (Hons) (Second Class Upper) from International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in 2002.
She underwent her pupillage by reading in chambers of Mr. Arunan Selvaraj at Messrs Rusmah Arunan & Associates at Kuala Lumpur in 2002. She was called to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya on 10 April 2003.
She then started her professional practice at Messrs Lim Kian Leong & Co. at Kuala Lumpur from April 2003, where she developed her legal skills, primarily as a commercial litigation lawyer. She was also exposed to the basic principles of the conveyancing practice.
She joined ARSA in March 2008 as an Associate and was subsequently made a Senior Associate. She is now the Head of Litigation Department of ARSAJB.
Throughout her career, Rohana has had extensive experience in handling both contested and non-contested litigation matters involving banking matters (Islamic and conventional), leasing and hire purchase, bankruptcy, company insolvency, land matters, enforcement of judgement, defamation suit, injunction, debt recoveries, general contract, tort, sale of goods, commercial as well as corporate litigation, letters of administration/probate and other general litigation.
Alongside her main focus area of practice, Rohana has the experience in handling contested matters and rendering legal opinions for the financial institutions, corporate companies, local councils and also the local / government link companies.
Her frequent presence in the Court has exposed her to various temperaments and styles of most judges and practitioners both in Johor and across Malaysia which experience has enabled her to become an astute litigator.
A graduate of International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), Balkis was called to the Bar on 28th August, 2003. She had spent her pupillage under Mr Hilmy Bin Sulaiman in Messrs Tuah Hilmy & Hazudin.
Balkis joined Messrs Abdul Raman Saad & Associates as Associate in the Conveyancing Department ARSAMK in April, 2005.
Since then, she has been largely involved in Property & Loan Documentation projects and drafting of various kinds of contracts.
CAREER TO DATE
2005 – todate – Abdul Raman Saad & Associates
2003 – 2005 – Azharuddin & Associates
2003 – Called to the Malaysian Bar
2002 – Pupil-in-Chambers
2002 – Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons) Ahmad Ibrahim Kuliyyah of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia
PARTICULAR CONVEYANCING EXPERIENCE
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions
— Drafting and preparing the discharge and/or reassignment documents for the execution of the Bank and/or Borrower
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Tenancy and Lease Agreement
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of building and renovation agreement
— Reviewing, advising client on terms and conditions of the Sale and Purchase Agreement in Schedule G & Schedule H and attending execution of the same
— Liaising with the land office on number of issues pertaining to registration of transfer and transmission due to death
— Application for consent to transfer from the state authority for subsale cases and consent to transfer by foreigner under Section 433 NLC
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of loan documentation, facility agreement, memorandum of charge and ancillary documents for loan documentations for several financial institutions including Malayan Banking Berhad, Bank Kerjasama Rakyat, Lembaga Pembiayaan Perumahan Sektor Awam, Public Bank, Ambank Berhad, CIMB Bank, Public Bank, Bank Simpanan Nasional, Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad, Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad, Malaysia Building Society Berhad, Majlis Amanah Rakyat and others
PARTICULAR CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL EXPERIENCE
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of commercial sale and purchase agreement, consent to transfer and all other ancillary documents related to the sale and purchase transaction
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of joint venture agreement, power of attorney and all other ancillary documents
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a settlement agreement between government agencies
— Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of a security services agreement between Majlis Perbandaran Hang Tuah Jaya and various security company
Nur Safiah Syahirah Omar
Puan Nur Safiah Syahirah Omar graduated with LL.B (Hons) (Second Class Upper) from International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in 2007.
She underwent her pupilage by reading in chambers of Puan Aidura Madiha Mohamed at Messrs Abdul Raman Saad & Associates at Johor Bahru in 2008. She was called to the Malaysian Bar on 1st December 2008 at the High Court of Malaya in Johor Bahru.
She then joined the firm and was previously attached to the ARSA Conveyancing practice group. During her period at the ARSA Conveyancing Practice Group, she has experience as follows:
- Drafting, reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of Sale and Purchase Agreements and ancillary documents for sub-sale transactions
- Drafting and preparing documents pertaining to registration of transfer and transmission due to death
- Reviewing, preparing and attending to the execution of loan documentation, facility agreement, memorandum of charge and ancillary documents for loan documentations for several financial institutions.
Now she is currently practicing civil litigation with ARSA litigation practice group as Senior Associate.
She has experience and skills on contested and non contested matters mainly relating to Islamic and Conventional Banking for litigation matters, tenancy agreement, enforcement of judgment, bankruptcy action, winding up of a company, reinstate of company which has been struck off by SSM, debt recoveries, general contract, sale of goods, letters of administration/probate and other general litigation. Other than that, she also has experience in preparation of Hibah documentation.
Sarifah Khalwa Yahya
SARIFAH KHALWA YAHYA (“SKY”), an articulate, self motivated and focused professional who has a proven history of gathering and analysing information and then using the result of that analysis to make effective decision and find innovative solution to legal problems. She has superb communication skills which are vital when meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide necessary advices and services. She is always ready for a new and exciting challenge and looking forward to give the best performance with a driven and dynamic market leading legal firm, MESSRS ABDUL RAMAN SAAD & ASSOCIATES (“ARSA”).
– Ability to approach and solve problems in a methodical and professional manner
– Excellent communicative skills and able to apply them to interactions with clientele and co workers alike
– Skilled at debating and negotiating terms of the agreement for the best interest of the clients
SKY has at first joined MESSRS ABDUL RAMAN SAAD & ASSOCIATES as a legal assistant and attached with banking and conveyancing department. She handled various portfolios for individual clients, property developers and banks. SKY left in December 2015 with an enthusiastic feeling to set up her own legal firm known as Messrs S.K, Yahya & Co. in 2016.
Now in 2019 SKY has returned to MESSRS ABDUL RAMAN SAAD & ASSOCIATES as a senior associate attached with Islamic corporate banking department.
SKY qualified herself as an advocate and solicitor of Malaya after graduated from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) with LLB (Hons) in 2003 and called to the Bar in 7th October 2004. She started her legal profession at Messrs Shook Lin & Bok and later with several established legal firms.
Shahrul Azwan Mohammad Shukri
Shahrul Azwan Bin Mohammad Shukri graduated with Bachelor of Law from University of Malaya in 2016. He was admitted and enrolled as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in October 2017.
Shahrul has had extensive experience in handling landlord-tenant disputes, contract and commercial disputes and company law matters including but not limited to the winding up of companies. He also has experience in dealing with injunction matters particularly in respect of freezing and mandatory orders. Shahrul was also appointed as junior counsel in a substantial land dispute matter with the Kedah State Government and on a pro-bono basis is also involved in drafting and preparatory work in respect of a Orang Asli native title land claim.
Shahrul is also actively involved in various committees under the Malaysian Bar. He is an active member of the National Young Lawyers and Pupils Committee, the Constitutional Law Committee, the Human Rights Committee and the Special Areas & Law Reform Committee. Shahrul has been involved in drafting and proposing amendments on amongst others, the Arbitration Act 2005 and the Defamation Act 1957.
Shahrul is a debater and has joined many debate competitions. He was the champion for the Royal Debate Cup competition in 2015. He was also the trainer for University Malaya Debate Team and currently judges various debate competitions. He was also involved in organizing the UM Law Career Convention for two years straight. Further, Shahrul had participated in several international forums and conferences. Shahrul has also written several articles which were published in academia.edu and in Vox Magazine, University of Malaya.
Shahrul is a Senior Associate at Abdul Raman Saad & Associates Kuala Lumpur where he is attached to the Litigation Practice Group.
Shazwani Jalil is a Senior Associate at the Financial Services department of ARSA, Petaling Jaya Office.
She has experience in advising a range of clients in the areas of corporate and commercial, telecommunications, and real estate investment trusts.
NOTABLE EXPERIENCE IN ARSA
- Conducting legal due diligence for a Real Estate Investment Trust in relation to the second issuance of Islamic Medium Term Notes of up to RM575 million.
- Drafting of a Grant Funding Agreement between Unit Peneraju Agenda Bumiputera (TERAJU) and Malaysian Wakaf Foundation in relation to the Corporate Wakaf (Endowment) Programme sponsorship worth RM50 million, pursuant to the Government of Malaysia’s 11th Malaysia Plan.
- Acting for a Real Estate Investment Trust in the purchase of a hypermarket in Terengganu worth RM155 million, which includes drafting of sale and purchase agreement, lease agreement, and conducting legal due diligence.
- Conducting legal due diligence for an investment arm of a state development corporation with respect to the proposed acquisition of a car park.
- Drafting of a Strategic Alliance Agreement pertaining to the leasing of 100 units of Tesla Model S premium electric vehicles to government linked companies, in line with the National Electric Mobility Blueprint.
- Drafting of a Conditional Grant Agreement in relation to the RMK 11 Energy Efficiency Project.
- Advising a Malaysian Federal Government statutory body and client in the textile industry in relation to compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, where the scope includes undertaking a data protection audit on such clients.
- Amending the Trust Deed of a Real Estate Investment Trust, which entails amendments to enhance the provisions under the Trust Deed and to ensure the Trust Deed is aligned with the Guidelines on Listed Real Estate Investment Trusts and Main Market Listing Requirements.
- Reviewing Circulars on Recurrent Related Parties Transactions on behalf of a leading healthcare service provider listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Acting for a China’s leading real estate company in reviewing a Hotel Management Agreement entered with a Malaysian company in relation to a hotel in Cenang, Langkawi.
- Reviewing service agreements for Malaysia’s leading integrated telco for various service contracts with its contractors and customers.
- Reviewing agreements on behalf of a government agency under the purview of the Ministry of Energy, Science, Technology, Environment & Climate Change (MESTECC), including marketing agreement and consultancy agreement.